- March 26, 2020 - April 3, 2020
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Explore the World’s #1 Innovation Hub
The FAU Silicon Valley Spring School offers high-speed learning as well as unique experiences in the global center of digital technology and innovation: a Silicon Valley entrepreneurship deep dive for leaders and learners!
Together, you will boost your entrepreneurial skills, gain and develop new business ideas, as well as deepen your knowledge about innovation and digitization. High-tier lectures and case study sessions with leading entrepreneurs, business representatives and academic stars as well as exclusive networking events are part of the program, just like visiting exciting companies such as Google, Tesla, Facebook and some of the hidden unicorns of tomorrow.
Our program invites you to become part of an exciting group of industry innovators, entrepreneurial academics and outstanding students – a combination of passion, knowledge and experience enhancing the outcome of your journey to a whole new level!
1 PROGRAM – 2 OPTIONS: YOU CAN CHOOSE THE TIMELINE THAT FITS YOUR SCHEDULE BEST
1st Option – Full Stay – 9 Days of Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship Deep Dive
- 26th of March 2020 till 3rd of April 2020
- No further dedicated workshops after the FAU Silicon Valley Spring School 2020 is over. Our consultants are however always there to accompany and advice all activities, joint projects and start-ups resulting from the journey.
2nd Option – Focus Track – 5 Days of Intensely Focused Input Combined with 2 After-Journey Implementation-Workshops at your Company
- 27th of March 2020 till 31st of March 2020
- The focus track combines the shorter stay with two dedicated implementation workshops scheduled after the Silicon Valley Spring School 2020. During these workshops, you will translate your learnings into local practice together with our consultants – perfect especially for industry leaders trying to bring the Silicon Valley Spirit into their own companies.
- Business Design: You will get an in-depth introduction into state-of-the-art methods comprising business design. Setup, discover, design, implement and decide upon your next product or service – for yourself, your department or your whole company.
- Case Studies: Learn from the successes and the failures done by seasoned serial entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in the Silicon Valley eco-system.
- Lectures: Upgrade your knowledge and expertise through high-class input from world leading experts and researchers on topics like technology trends, IP-law, business planning, ux/ui-design, shared mobility, blockchain, and cryptocurrencies.
- Networking: Meet and spend significant time on exclusive networking events together with entrepreneurs, business representatives, and professors. Make an outstanding step to expand your professional network globally.
- Company Visits: Discover the Silicon Valley, the Californian business ecosystem, and the local culture with insiders during company visits and social activities.
ABOUT THE PARTNER INSTITUTES
Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU): When it comes to innovation, FAU is a world leader. According to the latest Reuters ranking the University is at the top in Germany, and ranked at an excellent 2nd position in Europe and 31st position worldwide. Founded in 1743, FAU is today one of the largest universities in Germany with about 40,000 students, 4,000 academic employees and about €200 Mio annual third-party research funding.
As innovation leader, FAU designs unique learning experiences that carefully combine internal and external further education and provide leaders and learners with inimitable network opportunities that span across boundaries: institutional boundaries, disciplinary boundaries, but also the boundaries of generations, backgrounds and diverse strengths and talents.
San José State University: San José State University is the oldest public institution of higher education on the West Coast. SJSU is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. As a comprehensive public university located in the heart of Silicon Valley, it offers students an exceptionally rewarding learning environment. The distinctive character of SJSU has been forged by its long history, by its location, and its vision—a blend of the old and the new, of the traditional and the innovative. It is ranked fifth in Top Public Schools and 52nd in Best Value Schools.
- Ticket Price includes the costs for the whole program, all speakers and all related materials, all company visits, transfers and catering, as well as the implementation workshops (if focus track is chosen). The program fee does not cover the costs for flight, accommodation and catering outside of the program Duration.
- If you are a member of the FAU Family (Student, Researcher, Alumni, etc.) get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for information on applicable grants and special rates.
This event is developed by FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg. Contact Dr. Karl Rabes for further Information.