- September 26, 2019 - October 4, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Explore the World’s #1 Innovation Hub
The FAU Silicon Valley Fall School offers high-speed learning as well as a unique experience in the global center of digital technology and innovation: a Silicon Valley entrepreneurship deep dive for leaders and learners! This program invites you to join an exciting group of outstanding students, entrepreneurial academics and industry innovators. Together, you will visit exciting companies such as the current and future Googles, Teslas or Facebooks. Exclusive networking events, lectures and case study sessions with leading entrepreneurs, business representatives and academic innovators will be part of the program. Boost your entrepreneurial skills, gain new business ideas, and deepen your knowledge about innovation and digitization. Enhance your analytical skills, intercultural competence and creative thinking in a once-in-a-lifetime experience with future change makers!
Save the Date – Info Sessions:
We offer you also the opportunity to inform yourself personally about our programs. During our info-session for applicants, you can ask all your questions and you will receive more information about the program. The info-session for participants takes place after you will have received admission for the program. Thereby, last details conerning flight bookings, visa application and accommodation will be communicated.
Registration Process for Industry Representatives
In order to participate the FAU Silicon Valley Fall School as an Industry Representative, please register:
Application Process for FAU Students and Professionals
In order to participate the FAU Silicon Valley Fall School as FAU Student or Professional, please follow the indicated process:
- Download the application form (below), first
- Fill in the form and save it on your desktop
- Send it together with the required certificates (more details in the forms) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learners and Leaders from Industry & Politics
- (Senior) Industry Representatives
- FAU Professors & Professionals, PhD Students & Early Career Scholars
- FAU Alumni & Partners
- FAU across all Levels & disciplines
Silicon Valley – variuos locations and companies
- Discover Silicon Valley during Company visits and social activities
- Develop new Business ideas, discover new approaches and scientific methods
- Upgrade your skills and experiences
- Enjoy exclusive networking events with entreprenuers, business representatives and professors
- Award certificate of participation
- Become part of the Digital Tech Entrepreneur (DTE) community
About the Partner Institutes:
Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU): When it comes to innovation, FAU is a world leader. According to the latest Reuters ranking the University is at the top in Germany, and ranked at an excellent 2nd position in Europe and 31st position worldwide. Founded in 1743, FAU is today one of the largest universities in Germany with about 40,000 students, 4,000 academic employees and about €200 Mio annual third-party research funding.
As innovation leader, FAU designs unique learning experiences that carefully combine internal and external further education and provide leaders and learners with inimitable network opportunities that span across boundaries: institutional boundaries, disciplinary boundaries, but also the boundaries of generations, backgrounds and diverse strengths and talents.
San José State University: San José State University is the oldest public institution of higher education on the West Coast. SJSU is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. As a comprehensive public university located in the heart of Silicon Valley, it offers students an exceptionally rewarding learning environment. The distinctive character of SJSU has been forged by its long history, by its location, and its vision—a blend of the old and the new, of the traditional and the innovative. It is ranked fifth in Top Public Schools and 52nd in Best Value Schools.
Participation fees (excl. accommodation and travelling):
- For FAU students: 833 EUR (this contains 19% VAT in the amount of 133 EUR)
- For FAU staff and scholars: 4.046 EUR (this contains 19% VAT in the amount of 646 EUR)
- For industry representatives: 9.282 EUR (this contains 19% VAT in the amount of 1.482 EUR)
This event is developed by FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg. Contact Dr. Leontin Grafmüller for further Information.